Saturday, September 17, 2011

Using WCF Data Service

I have created a WCF Data Service which works when "View in Browser" option is selected. It displays the information from the entities using the OData protocol.

I am new to the technology of web services.I intend to focus in this area as I work on one of the Open Source projects.

The challenge I am having is to use the information provided by the Data Service in a web form(.aspx). This may include displaying the information in a text area.

I did some research for several hours during which time I got some very good information but nothing explaining how to establish the link between the web form and the data service. I am not sure if there is a predefined function in the data service class to pass the URI information or if I have to create one.

No comments:

Post a Comment