Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Subversion Vs Git

I have worked on a group project before on SVN with very little knowledge of the tool. Today I had some eye openers with some very wonderful illustrations in my OSD600 class. Having gained a better understanding of the older system and its challenges especially with mergers,I am now prepared to face the challenge of learning a new project management system anticipating a much more effective and powerful experience.This is the move from a Centralized Revision Control System to a Distributed Revision Control System(DVCS).

Today that journey has begun with Git. I have setup my Github Account and installed the Git on my machine. I have started using some of the basic command but not yet gone into deep waters. hopefully soon I will be able to clone the source code of a project and make a valuable contribution towards its performance.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of tomorrow :)
    I really like DVCS, I think that you'll appreciate the simplicity and ease of use of branching and merging.

    ReplyDelete