Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Checking Unit Tests against JSLint

The last time I reported that my new task is t607 and the first challenge was to be able to use the make command to create a lint file. Well, I got it to work on my Windows machine.

This tool is used for finding lint errors within the js code. The command to get the lint information is "make lint-unit-test." This did not work at first because he make.exe was not available. I was advised to install MINGW32 on my machine which had "make.exe" available with it. I was also informed that if you build Firefox that the feature should be available in the browser. However, all i did was to install MINGW32 and that actually worked. I also installed "node.js" but I am not sure if this played a part in it working. If you have more information on this please leave a comment. That would be well appreciated.

Well I am now ready for fixing those lint errors found in several js files.

I have some recommendations on my previous bug(t308) so that it can be landed. It was pushed from 1.0 to 1.1. So I still have some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment